Let’s Talk Hair.
I’m about to shamelessly admit something that I do on the regular…
I average 8-12 days between washing my hair.
Do you think I’m crazy? Very possible.
But I know that there are many of you out there who can relate.
Yeah, that’s right – you
I am not a hair professional, however I have taken the advice of many (professionals) and this is where it has led me! I could not be happier with the length and health of my hair. I will admit, I have a lot of texture (ie. curls and frizz) and quite a bit of hair. This is both a blessing and a curse my friends. It takes a longgg time to wash and style so this is part of the reason why I was determined to make the #teamnowash work for me LOL.
If you haven’t tried this, I will give you the following advice:
- The longer your hair and the more you have, the more achievable this is. BUT remember – You can always train it to last longer in between washes.
- The more you wash ESPECIALLY if you aren’t using high quality/true salon shampoo and conditioners or masks, the quicker your scalp will produce oils and guess what? This is what causes your hair to get greasy in lightening speed.
- Use a jaw clip or even better, a silk head wrap (I still need to get one of these) for bedtime. My hair doesn’t last a long when I leave it down as I toss and turn all night.
- Keep the product to a minimum: don’t go crazy on the styling creams, heat protectants, anti-frizz sprays, smoothing oils, etc etc. Using more product than necessary will cause your hair to lose volume and go limp like a strand of spaghetti within two days. I dont even use dry shampoo until I’m past the week mark.
- Give it a good wash in the shower, and I mean shampoo at least twice. Only scrub your scalp! Your ends don’t need you to get aggressive with the shampoo. As for conditioner, you want to do the opposite; apply from the mid-shaft of your head down.
Here is a quick tutorial demonstrating how I achieve beachy waves on the eighth day
Paul Mitchell curling wand (no longer available) |
How often do you wash yours? Let me know your thoughts below;
I’d love to know if you’ve tried this!
From my mess to yours,
This post is not sponsored. All opinions shared and products mentioned are my own recommendations.